Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hexagons and Daisies


I call this one "Hexagons in Rotation". This is also a stack-n-wack but it is my design. It is all done with the Super60 ruler by Sara Nephew. This project was our first ever "Annual retreat at Mom's" in 2004. Deb Butler, Loretta Nielsen, Mom, Becky, and I were all there and all completed our tops except borders in a three day block. I finally put borders on and quilted mine in November of 2007. Mom's, Loretta's, and Becky's have been done for a few years now. Deb just bordered hers two weeks ago and left it at my house to quilt.

This is the second quilt I have made of this pattern. The first one isn't all the way quilted yet. Deb has made four of them that I recall and Loretta two. It is fun, easy, and fast.





Lacy Daisies is the name I gave this quilt. I designed and taught it at annual meeting in Ogden, Utah several years ago. I just got it back in November from a lady who displayed it in her store in Tremonton. The border displays one of my first trapunto pieces. There is quite a bit of hand embroidery work on this one. Mom made one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment