Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Miniatures


I hate to show this quilt because it still needs the pieced flying geese border and quilted, but Marie wanted to see how I was putting my miniature quilts together.

I designed this as a mystery quilt for our family retreat every year. I had taken Kaye Evans "Cracker Jacks" class TWICE because I loved it so much and decided that the minis in a bag were so much fun. All of the pieces are cut by stacking fat quarters on top of each other and cutting through the layers. The pieces are then placed into carefully labeled sandwich baggies. When we got together at Mom's I wouldn't tell them what we were making, just to open up the bag labeled "braid" or whatever.

I got the border idea from a lovely quilt I viewed from the quilt show at Road to California, although it looks nothing like that quilt. The curves were easy and fun. If you double click you can see closer the border. It is little bitty flying geese. I've only got one side in the photo but another almost done. It takes awhile to paper piece those little geese.

No comments:

Post a Comment